Sunday, July 1, 2018

Southern Baptist History & Politics







For those of you who grew up in Southern Baptist Churches the clip I've linked below will be interesting if you are a student of the history of the denomination.  Or if you are simply into the politics of the SBC it might serve as a bookmark in the history of the church.

This is one of the landmark message in the Convention, there is an annual message every year (not sure how far this goes back but it's been going on for awhile) and Dr. Gregory gave it in 1988.  He is not affiliated with the SBC that I am aware of anymore but he was then.  I could be in error, I am simply making this post before sorting out the details.  You can look it up and correct me.

But listen to the message below, if you don't know the history of the SBC it will not make much sense but if you do it's a great listen.  Great preaching and great instruction.  Enjoy!

The Castle and the wall by Joel Gregory

No comments: