Thursday, December 6, 2018

Politics in the Pulpit





One of the best things about faith is that it evolves.  I do not believe in the same way that I did when I was 13 because although I am the same person I am also different.  I have grown, evolved, changed.  Some for the better, some for the worse.

Faith is not a one time thing that happens and is over.  It is like the ghosts of Christmas in the play, it is past, present and future.  In other words, we are saved, we are being saved and we will be saved.

It is also true of our faith in general terms and not just salvific, we are ever evolving, ever changing, some things stay the same, some things change and some things change and then reset back to the way things were years before.

So be careful of absolutes, some things never change and are of primary importance, but there are not as many as you might think.

Read the following article and take it as an example.

https://medium.com/@timothyisaiahcho/back-to-the-future-john-macarthur-on-the-moral-authority-of-the-presidency-2e405f8abf76


No comments: